Please join us on Friday, November 15th from 1:00-3:00pm EST / 12:00-2:00pm CST for a webinar that will provide a brief overview of information and updates on work under the Nutrients Annex of the Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement (GLWQA). This webinar will present ongoing efforts to manage excess phosphorus loads leading to toxic and nuisance algal blooms and hypoxia in Lake Erie.
Topics that will be covered include:
- A recap of recent activities under the Nutrients Annex
- An update on progress being made under the domestic action plans to achieve phosphorus reductions in Lake Erie
- An update on phosphorus loads to the western and central basins of Lake Erie (2008–2018), as well as the status of this year’s harmful algal bloom
- An update on science activities under the Nutrients Annex
- A description of next steps, including research priorities moving forward
The webinar will be led by representatives from the United States Environmental Protection Agency and Environment and Climate Change Canada, and will include presentations by experts from the Nutrients Annex Subcommittee.
The GLWQA Lakewide Management Annex’s Lake Erie Partnership Outreach and Engagement Subcommittee is pleased to partner with the Nutrients Annex to host this second annual Nutrients Annex webinar.
Please note that space for this webinar is limited.
The web registration link and information is as follows:
Webinar registration link: https://gts-ee.webex.com/gts-ee/j.php?RGID=rfb289ca21eae8177a0d3a5c3de2aa56c
Toll-free #: 1-877-413-4782 (Canada)
Conference Code:= 4036155
For more information, please use the “Contact Us” form.
We look forward to your participation in the webinar!